Saturday 28 April 2018

Something I posted on Facebook when Henry was 4 weeks old...

After 4 weeks of being a parent here is what I've learned:

- Recovering from a c-section is really rough. Anyone who thinks it's the easy way to do child birth is kidding themselves. It is physically draining and a giant, speeding train to the psyche of a new mother. 


- Contractions hurt. Like, really, really hurt. 


- Breast feeding isn't a natural instinct. It takes work, patience and practice. It is also draining and makes you thirstier than a camel. 


- Sleep is so cherished these days. I'm lucky that my baby sleeps well for a newborn. Sleep deprivation is rough.

- Babies do farts that rival that of grown men.

- So much poop.

- Showering has now become optional and non-essential.

- Even though I don't necessarily want to go anywhere or even really feel up to it, being house bound is maddening.

- I can spend long periods of time just staring at his face in awe of the tiny person I spent 9 months 3D printing in my uterus.

- Seeing your child in pain is soul destroying.

- Babies make adorable noises and faces.

- No one prepares you for the love you feel for your own child.

- Henry is the best thing to happen to me.

- I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment